1 box whole grain spaghetti
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 bunches of spinach, trimmed and washed
1 pint cherry tomatoes
Pinch of salt and pepper
¼ cup parmesan cheese
• Bring 4-6 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add a splash of olive oil.
• Add spaghetti to the boiling water. Stir gently.
• Boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
• Remove from heat and drain well.
• In a large skillet, heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and tomato. Cook until tomato skins start to soften.
• Gradually add spinach and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Season with a dash of salt and pepper
• Serve the sautéed spinach and tomatoes over the cooked spaghetti. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 364, Protein: 15 g, Fat: 12 g, Carbohydrate: 56 g, Fiber: 10 g, Sugar: 4 g, Sodium: 161 mg