1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons apricot preserves, divided
4 ripe but firm fresh apricots, halved and pitted
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons minced shallot
1 tablespoons olive oil
1, 4-5 ounce bag baby arugula
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Oil the grill to prevent sticking
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with ground black pepper.
- Grill pork, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Brush pork with 2 tablespoons of preserves and continue grilling until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 155-160 degrees F.
- Grill apricot halves on the coolest part of the grill, turning occasionally, until tender and marked, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer pork and apricots to a clean cutting board and cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of preserves, vinegar, onion, oil, ground black paper in a large bowl.
- Cut the grilled fruit into wedges and add to the dressing along with arugula. Toss to coat.
- Thinly slice pork. Serve the salad with the sliced pork.
Yield: 4 servings